S and S Machine
Bicycle Torque Couplings (BTCs)
Your Travel Bike........Your Only Bike!
Packing sequence for a 56cm Ti CYCLES titanium road bike
Each bike may pack differently and the method shown here may need to be modified for other bicycles. Be sure to adequately protect tubes and components when shipping a bicycle.
equipped with a Campy racing triple and Ergo levers.
The photos and disassembly sequence was provided by the owner of the bike, Ian Giddy
- Remove seat and both cranks, leaving pedals attached (bike has self-extracting crank bolts)
- Loosen brake releases; unbolt handlebar.
- Remove both wheels & skewers. Deflate tires.
- Detach derailleur cables (they have Bruce Gordon cable splitters); loosen rear brake cable.
- Uncouple couplers
- Put protective tube covers on frame.
- Start packing the bike by placing the bars and the front section of the frame into the case as shown
Packing the bike
Bars and front frame section with brakes attached.
Position the wheel to ease the bar and brake though the spokes (squeeze brake)
Ease the wheel in flattened onto the frame with cogs down
Frame rear section angled with droupouts in near right corner.
Add helmet, seat, cranks and chain ring between rear dropouts.
As you close the lid gently work the tire into the lid of the case.
(Shown with the top flange of the compression members removed for clarity)
Catch the 'plane, unpack and reassemble the bike, and go for a ride!
See the fully assembled bike
Framebuilder list |
Retailer list |
Retrofit or new? |
S and S Machine's Home Page